Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Priority in energy assistance, as well as the level of assistance, is based on the energy burden, income, and size of the applicant's household as well as the presence of vulnerable household members (i.e. frail elderly, handicapped, and infants).
Clients do not need an appointment to pick up or fill out applications. Applications can take 30 days to process. You may obtain applications at our main office or the link below. If you have a past due/shut off notice, please call to schedule an appointment. 931-896-1800 press 0 for the operator
Applications are not complete without the following documentation:
- Proof of Social Security Numbers for everyone in the household
- Picture ID’s for anyone 18 years of age and older
- Proof of Household Gross Monthly Income
- If paid weekly, provide last 4 pay stubs
- If paid biweekly, provide 2 pay stubs
- For SSI/SSD provide current Social Security Award
- Most recent LES
- Last 12 months of usage (electric, propane, etc.) requested from the utility provided
- Current monthly energy bill
Applications may be mailed or brought in to our office. We are located at 150 Lafayette Road, Clarksville TN (near Dover Crossing).
Applications submitted without all required and current documentation will not be approved and will be pending until documentation is received.
Maximum Gross Income Guidelines for Households
For More Information on the LIHEAP Program, visit the Tennessee Housing Development Agency Energy Assistance