Community Service Block Grant (CSBG) Housing

Past Due Rent and Mortgage Assistance

Clarksville Montgomery County Community Action Agency applies for federal funding through the Tennessee Department of Human Services. Those funds are used in Montgomery County to assist with housing. Eligible residents must meet the Federal Income Guidelines prior to approval of assistance. Income guidelines typically fall within food stamp or SNAP income guidelines. In addition to income guidelines the following documentation is required with the application:

  • Proof of monthly household income
  • Social Security Card for all household members
  • Valid picture ID of all household members 18 years or older
  • Documented uncontrollable/unforeseen loss of income (medical bills, car repairs, loss of income, etc.)
  • Past due statement from landlord or mortgage company. Will require lease agreement with landlord.

Landlord and Mortgage company must agree to terms and accept vouchers until payment is received.

All required documentation will be requested at the time of appointment, if documentation is missing the appointment may be rescheduled for a later date.

For more information call 931-896-1800

Leave a Reply