What is a Day Shelter?
The day shelter is a full-service center that serves as the entry point for the homeless and/or at-risk individuals and families in Montgomery-Clarksville. The Day Shelter works collaboratively with numerous social service providers and provides referrals to programs and services such as food, medical, housing, counseling, employment assistance, education, mental health, and substance abuse. Our main goal is to promote self-sufficiency.
Since our opening, we have assisted countless individuals by providing them with services and resources to improve and change their lives.
The Day Shelter operates five days a week, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Services and Amenities Provided
- Breakfast from 8:00 am - 9:30 am
- Referrals for Employment, Education, Counseling, Medical Care, Housing, and more
- Extreme weather (cold or heat) shelter
- Transportation for job searches* (restrictions apply)
- Housing assistance for the certifiable homeless* (restrictions apply)
- Resume' building / USB thumb drives / Documents
- Job and Job Fair leads
- Housing leads
- Room In The Inn program / Temporary winter shelter*
- Lunch from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Shower Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Mailing Address
- Clothes Closet / Dress for Success Clothing
Room In The Inn
Area churches are providing a hot meal and a warm place to sleep during the winter months!
November 1 through March 31
Contact The Old Firehouse Day Shelter at (931) 542-0381
1498 Golf Club Lane, Clarksville, TN 37040